Inter Milan are preparing a new bid for Curtis Jones, and Liverpool are now said to be warming to a €35m sale after earlier holding out for €40m. Fabrizio Romano said on Monday night that the Italian club are back in contact, that Jones remains their top midfield target since January, and that a medical is being planned.
That shift matters because Jones has been on Inter Milan's list since January, when the two clubs failed to strike a deal, and the latest move suggests the gap that blocked talks then is closing now. Romano said more contacts will follow soon, but he stressed that everything still depends on a club-to-club agreement with Liverpool, which leaves the reported €35m package closer to a developing understanding than a finished exit.
The timing also explains why the story is drawing attention now. CaughtOffside reported that Jones and Cody Gakpo are getting closer to departures from Liverpool and are expected to complete moves before the September 1 deadline, adding another layer to a summer in which Liverpool are being linked with exits and fresh spending. Gakpo is also being pursued by Tottenham Hotspur, while Liverpool are being linked with a £155m double deal for PSG pair Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye.
For Liverpool, the interest in a sale now appears tied to the price rather than the idea of a departure itself. Inter Milan were previously put off by the €40m demand, but the reported slide to €35m changes the math and makes a compromise more realistic. That is why the medical being planned matters: it points to momentum, even if it is not yet the same as a completed transfer.
The remaining question is whether the agreed figure is the final word or simply the number that gets both sides back to the table. Romano's update leaves room for one more round of talks, and if that goes through, Jones could move from being Liverpool's midfield hope to another high-profile sale in a summer that is still being reshaped.

