Firefighters were called to a belfast fire at a bonfire site off Flora Street in East Belfast at 10.46am on Saturday, after items that had been building up at the site caught fire. Four appliances were sent to the scene as crews worked to bring the blaze under control.
The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters were currently in attendance at an incident involving a quantity of bonfire material on fire on Flora Street, Belfast. The fire service asked people to avoid the area while crews dealt with the incident and to keep windows and doors closed because of smoke.
The site is close to Beersbridge Road, where the fire involved material that had been accumulating at the bonfire site. At the time of the report, the incident was still ongoing and it was not yet known whether the fire had been started deliberately.
Three stations were represented among the crews on scene, with two appliances from Knock Fire Station, one from Whitla Fire Station and one from Cadogan Fire Station. The presence of multiple appliances reflected the scale of the response, but no further details were given on the extent of the damage or how long crews would remain there.
For now, the central fact is simple: firefighters are still at the Flora Street site because bonfire material caught fire, and the public has been told to stay clear until the scene is safe. Whether the blaze was set deliberately remains unanswered.

