Reading: Royal Caribbean cancels several 2027 U.S. sailings as ships shift to Asia-Pacific

Royal Caribbean cancels several 2027 U.S. sailings as ships shift to Asia-Pacific

Published
3 min read
Advertisement

Royal Caribbean has canceled several U.S. sailings planned for 2027 as it moves the Navigator of the Seas and the Ovation of the Seas into new markets. The affected cruises were booked to leave from Los Angeles and head to Mexico.

The cancellations matter now because guests and travel partners who had already booked those voyages are being told to adjust their plans while Royal Caribbean opens new deployment schedules elsewhere. The company said the changes are tied to its expansion in the Asia-Pacific region for the 2027-28 season, a move that reshapes where two of its ships will spend much of the next two years.

Royal Caribbean said it makes itinerary updates when needed to accommodate scheduling, port agreements and other operational considerations. In this case, that means the Navigator of the Seas is set to operate in Asia year-round beginning in October 2026 and continuing through October 2027, with shorter two- to five-night cruises around Southeast Asia, itineraries to Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand, and a 12-night voyage from Tokyo to Singapore. Bookings for those sailings opened Tuesday.

- Advertisement -

The Ovation of the Seas is also being repositioned, this time to Australia for the 2027-28 season. It is scheduled to sail from Brisbane beginning in November 2027, with four-night sailings to Airlie Beach in Queensland's Whitsunday region and three- to eight-night cruises around Australia and the surrounding region.

That shift leaves the line balancing two messages at once: it says it is committed to providing the best vacation experiences, while pulling back cruises that had already been scheduled for 2027. The company also said deployment planning is dynamic and regularly reviewed based on demand, capacity requirements and broader fleet considerations. Guests and travel partners were contacted directly about the changes and the options available to them.

The cancellations are part of a broader fleet redeployment, not an isolated schedule tweak. Royal Caribbean has used the same approach before when moving ships to other regions, including when it canceled more than 20 cruises aboard the Freedom of the Seas for summer 2027 and sent that ship to Southampton, England, for the 2027 season. For travelers, the immediate question is not whether the line is expanding, but which booked sailings will be the next to disappear as the fleet is reshuffled around the world.

Advertisement
Share This Article