Reading: Mis-Teeq Reunion set for Wembley as trio mark 25 years of debut album

Mis-Teeq Reunion set for Wembley as trio mark 25 years of debut album

Published
3 min read
Advertisement

have confirmed they are reuniting two decades after they split, with , and set to return to the stage at the in Wembley on 12 September.

The show is billed as and will mark 25 years since the release of . It is the first confirmed date for the trio after fans spotted a verified Instagram account for the group last month, which began posting old interview and music video clips before announcing the comeback on Friday with a video of the singers travelling to Wembley by motorbike.

The announcement lands with weight because Mis-Teeq were not just another early-2000s pop act. They sold more than 12 million records, were nominated for a Brit Award and won a Mobo for best garage act in 2002, when UK garage was still fighting for the mainstream attention the trio helped bring to it. Their blend of garage rhythms and R&B melodies made songs such as Why, Scandalous and One Night Stand feel bigger than the club circuit that first carried them, while All I Want, Style, B With Me and Can't Get It Back broadened their reach even further.

- Advertisement -

For Dixon, Washington and Nash, the return is being framed less as nostalgia than as a celebration of what the group built. Dixon said she could not wait to relive the energy of the record and the people who made it special, adding that she is especially looking forward to her daughters, whom she called the Mis-Teeq babies, seeing the group back strong. Washington said it feels emotional to look back 25 years later and see how deeply the music connected with listeners around the world, while Nash said she is proud that Mis-Teeq helped bring UK garage to the masses and called Wembley the perfect place to celebrate the journey, the memories and the fans who stayed with them.

The comeback also comes with a clear question attached to it: whether this is a one-off or the beginning of something larger. So far, only the Wembley concert has been announced, and there is no confirmation of further tour dates or new music. That uncertainty is part of the story, because the group are returning with the force of a proper reunion, but without saying yet whether they intend to stay together after the lights go down in September.

What is already certain is that the trio are stepping back into a chapter that shaped their place in British pop. Mis-Teeq sang in their own accents, co-wrote all their songs and built a catalogue that still has a strong afterlife in the clubs and on streaming playlists. If Wembley is the only night, it will still be a full-circle moment. If it is the start of more, Friday's announcement will be remembered as the point when the reunion truly began.

Advertisement
Share This Article