An Amber Alert issued for 3-year-old Elias Linares Quintanilla was deactivated shortly after the California Highway Patrol said the child had been located. The alert had gone out after authorities said the boy was taken by his mother in the Los Angeles area.
CHP said Elias was last seen Thursday morning in South L.A. with his mother, Sonia Quintanilla, 38. Investigators said the pair were believed to be in a gray 2008 Pontiac G6 when the alert was issued.
The case was the kind that moves fast and leaves little time for families and the public to absorb the details. The alert went out, drew attention across the region, and then was canceled once the child was found, ending the search before it had much time to build.
That quick turn also left the central fact intact: authorities had been looking for a young boy believed to have been taken by his mother, and the immediate concern was whether he could be found safely. CHP said the child was located, and that closed the alert before the situation could develop further.
For anyone searching amber alert los angeles today, the answer is simple now: the alert is no longer active because Elias has been found.

