Reading: Avalanche Vs Golden Knights: Carter Hart Stands Tall in Game 1 Win

Avalanche Vs Golden Knights: Carter Hart Stands Tall in Game 1 Win

Published
3 min read
Advertisement

Las Vegas opened the Western Conference Final with a road-style statement, beating the top-seeded 4-2 on Wednesday night and taking home ice away in Game 1. stopped 36 of 38 shots, and the Golden Knights left Denver with the series lead after a game that turned on their goaltending and their willingness to absorb pressure.

Hart was especially sharp early, making 10 stops in a scoreless first period as Colorado tried to set the tone. The Golden Knights did not just survive the opening push; they answered it with structure, then carried that edge through the rest of the night. Hart said Vegas did a good job defending, limiting Colorado’s time in space, blocking shots, getting into lanes and tying up sticks.

That mattered because the Avalanche were supposed to control the opener. Instead, Vegas walked out with the first win and the best early hand in a series that was framed by the matchup between the West’s top seed and a team that had to take its chance on the road. Hart, who joined the Golden Knights last December, has become a central reason they are here. He has posted a.920 save percentage and allowed 2.35 goals per game in these playoffs, numbers that have put him squarely in the middle of Vegas’ run.

- Advertisement -

, who coached the Golden Knights in the article, was blunt about what he sees in Hart. He called him a hell of a goalie and said he was great in Philadelphia, adding that Hart has grown so strong mentally and does not seem to let much bother him. Tortorella also noted that Vegas has two good options in net, even with having won a Stanley Cup a couple of years ago, but said Hart is zeroed in and will need to be because the Knights still have a lot of work to do.

Hart’s path back to this stage has been anything but straight. He was a 21-year-old starting goaltender for the in the 2020 Stanley Cup playoffs, when he went 9-6 and helped them reach the second round in the Toronto bubble. He finished that run with a.926 save percentage and two shutouts. Then came an indefinite leave of absence in early 2024, charges tied to the sexual assault scandal involving five Canada junior players from the 2018 world junior team, and an acquittal on all charges last year before he resumed his career with Vegas.

The league later agreed to allow the acquitted defendants to play starting Dec. 1, 2025, but Hart was already back on the ice after signing a two-year, $4 million contract and working with Vegas’ affiliate in Henderson, Nevada. He said he wanted to show the community his true character and what he is about. After a night like this, the answer from the rink was as clear as the score.

Advertisement
Share This Article