Reading: Jake Trbojevic Manly Contract Extension confirmed after strong Sea Eagles turnaround

Jake Trbojevic Manly Contract Extension confirmed after strong Sea Eagles turnaround

Published
3 min read
Advertisement

has agreed to extend his time at Manly, locking in another season after the veteran had an option in his favour to play on in 2027.

The 32-year-old’s extension comes after he celebrated his 250th game in Manly’s most recent home match against the Broncos, another milestone in a career built entirely around the club. Trbojevic had said earlier in the month that he was definitely leaning towards going around for one more year, and the deal now turns that leaning into a formal commitment.

Manly confirmed the move on Wednesday, with interim coach saying in a club statement that Trbojevic “is everything that is good about this club” and is “Manly through and through.” Foran also said the forward had done “an amazing job” in Tom’s absence as captain, both on and off the field, while noting he was “playing some really good footy” and that “the boys love playing with him, so this is great news for the Club.”

- Advertisement -

The extension lands at a time when Manly’s season has steadied sharply after a poor opening stretch. Trbojevic spoke glowingly about Foran on Tuesday night on NRL 360, saying the side had made “a great turnaround from the club” after its first three games. He said the team was disappointed early, but since Foran took over as interim coach it had been “playing some really good footy,” with confidence and belief flowing back through the group.

“Ever since Foz has taken over it has been great and everyone is confident and we are getting a lot of belief on the back of the great performances,” Trbojevic said. “That lifts the overall mood and as you know, how good is footy when you are doing well? And we are getting a lot of confidence on the back of it.”

His comments point to why the extension matters now. Trbojevic had struggled earlier in the year, but that slump appeared tied more to Manly’s broader problems than to any waning influence from one of the club’s most established leaders. With Foran now in charge and the mood around the team lifting, Manly has kept one of its defining figures in place through 2027.

Elsewhere on Wednesday, veteran forward Jaydn Su’A ruled out a mid-season move to the despite having already signed a three-year deal to join Parramatta in 2027. Su’A has spent the past five seasons at St George Illawarra after earlier stints with the Broncos and , underlining how quickly player plans can shift while clubs try to manage the present and the future at the same time.

For Manly, the immediate future now includes a familiar name in a familiar role. Trbojevic is staying, Foran has him backing the club’s rise, and the Sea Eagles have secured a captain whose value has only become clearer as the season found its footing again.

Advertisement
Share This Article