The Chicago Cubs warned fans that disruptive behavior would not be tolerated at Tuesday night’s White Sox Vs Cubs game after a brawl broke out in the bleachers at Wrigley Field on Monday night. The warning came just as the teams were set to meet again for game 2 of the series at 7:05 p.m.
The timing mattered because the Monday night crowd had already seen a wild finish. The Cubs beat the White Sox 7-5 in 10 innings, and Pete Crow-Armstrong hit his first career walk-off homerun. That result helped turn a rivalry game into a bigger draw for Tuesday, but it also put the ballpark under a sharper spotlight.
In a statement, the Chicago Cubs said, “The safety of our fans is always a top priority.” The team also said it works closely with its public safety partners to respond to incidents at the ballpark and appreciated that partnership in dealing with what happened the night before. Several fans had to be escorted out of Wrigley Field after the bleachers fight, but the team did not say what started it or what those removed from the park did.
That gap matters because the Cubs were trying to project control while also acknowledging that the crowd had already spilled over into disorder. The incident unfolded in the middle of the Crosstown Classic, when emotions were already high and every play carried extra weight. For the Cubs, the message ahead of Tuesday night was not subtle: the game would go on, but the line for conduct had already been drawn.
What happens next is simple and immediate. Game 2 was scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Tuesday, and the Cubs entered it trying to keep the focus on the baseball rather than on the warning they had to issue after Monday night.

