The Warriors are set to re-sign halves pair Chanel Harris-Tavita and Te Maire Martin, with the club moving quickly to steady its playmaking stocks after Tanah Boyd was ruled out for the rest of the 2026 season. Boyd hobbled off the field in the seventh minute of the Warriors' win over Brisbane on Sunday, and scans later confirmed the 25-year-old had suffered an ACL injury in Round 11.
Boyd is expected to miss between nine and 12 months and should be fit for Round 1 in 2027, but his absence has already forced the Warriors to reshape what comes next. Luke Metcalf has agreed to join the Dragons on a three-year deal from 2027, leaving the club with a major decision to make in the halves even before Boyd's setback changed the picture again.
Warriors chief executive Cameron George said the club was close to extending Harris-Tavita and Martin, and suggested both would remain in the picture for some time. George said they "will be around for a while," adding, "We've been having those discussions over the last week or so," and, "I'm hoping that we'll have very good news in the next few days or this week."
The timing matters because the Warriors have spent much of the season trying to settle their No.7. Metcalf had been the first-choice halfback before Boyd took over, and his exit from 2027 had already opened the door for Harris-Tavita to stay on. Martin's possible extension is more surprising. The 30-year-old said last year that limited roster spots might force him to look elsewhere, yet he now appears set for another chance with the club.
That chance may come immediately. Harris-Tavita and Martin are expected to line up together in the halves again against the Dragons on Saturday, while Metcalf has been left out of the side for the Round 12 clash. Martin played his first NRL game of the season against Brisbane and made it count, scoring a try, setting up two more, breaking the line and finishing with 28 tackles.
For the Warriors, the next few days now point to continuity rather than another reset. Boyd's injury has shut down one option, Metcalf's departure has taken away another, and the club is moving to lock in the pair it believes can carry the position into the future.

