Police said on May 22 there is no update in an investigation that began after a 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of rape, sexual assault and causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent over an alleged incident in Golders Green. The man, reported by The Telegraph to be a TV chef who has appeared on a number of programmes, was arrested on April 11 and later released on bail.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said, “No update on the case at this time – enquiries and investigations continue.” The force also said the arrest “relates to sexual offences which reportedly occurred at an address in Golders Green in January,” and that a female victim is being supported by specially trained officers. The case has now been open for more than a month, with detectives still examining what happened at the London address and no fresh public announcement from police.
The arrest in April brought the case into public view after reports of alleged sexual offences said to have taken place in January. Since then, the investigation has remained active while the suspect stays on bail. That leaves the police with the same task they had when the arrest was first made: determine what happened at the Golders Green address, whether the evidence supports the allegations, and whether further action is needed.
The tension in the case is that the public facts have barely moved. Police have confirmed the arrest, the bail and the support being given to the woman involved, but have not said whether charges are likely or when the next update may come. For now, the investigation continues, and the only clear change since April 11 is the passage of time.

